In these conditions the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- • Company means Longitude Marine
- • Customer means any legal person or body corporate whose Order is accepted by the Company
- • Contract means any contract for the supply of Goods or Services by the Company to the Customer
- • Goods means any goods forming the subject of this contract including parts, components or materials
- • Services means any services forming the subject of this contract
Quotations by the Company unless otherwise stated in them shall have an acceptance period of 30 calendar days
from the date of the quotation.
3. Existence of Contract
No Contract for sales via the e-commerce pages of the Longitude Marine site or quotations for boat maintenance or support services shall come into existence until the Customer’s order (however given) is accepted by the earliest of:
- • The Company’s emailed acceptance of an e-commerce order
- • The delivery of the quoted "Goods or Services", or
- • The Company’s invoice, which is payable upon receipt.
No variation or amendment of this document or oral promise or commitment related to it shall be valid unless
committed in writing by the Company.
Goods or Services:
The Prices for the Goods or Services are do not include packing, insurance, shipping and sales taxes.
The Company shall have the right to adjust its internet quoted or any otherwise quoted prices for products or services for any increase in the price of materials, parts, labor, and
transportation, changes in work of delivery schedules or quantities or any other costs of any kind arising for any reason and at any time.
Prices invoiced are calculated based on OEM pricing, the quantity of Goods or Services actually delivered and hours of Services provided.
Engineering or Support Services:
Our labor rate is $110.00 per hour and is calculated portal-to-portal.
(From the time we leave our shop until we arrive back to our shop.) Some marinas do charge a contractor fee,
this fee will be added to invoice where applicable. Invoices will be sent to client via email as a PDF.
All invoices received are DUE UPON RECEIPT. Any invoices past due 15 days will be billed a 3.5% service fee per cycle.
A billing cycle is 15 days.
All invoices are payable without discount of any kind. Please note that:
- • All Invoices are sent to the client via email as a PDF.
- • All invoices received by the client are DUE UPON RECEIPT.
- • Any invoices past due 15 days will be billed a 3.5% service fee per cycle.
- • A billing cycle is 15 days.
- • Longitude Marine accepts:
- • Checks
- • Cash, &
- • Credit Cards
Prior to returning any Goods to the Company for any reason, the Customer must request a Return Materials Authorization from the Company’s Website. Please use the RMA Request Icon below to be redirected to that page.
All Goods are returned at the Customer’s risk and expense and should be undamaged by the Customer and in their
original packaging. The Customer is responsible for all costs pertaining to the return of Goods to the Company
and for providing proof of delivery of such return. Where the Company collects the Goods on the Customers behalf,
the Company reserves the right to recover the costs incurred by the Company. The Company has a 21 day return policy.
To be accepted for return on this basis, Goods should be returned for receipt by the Company within 21 days of shipment.
The Customer should return the Goods to:
23710 Harper Avenue
Saint Clair Shores, MI 48080
The shipping label of the returning package shall clearly show;
- • the Customer’s account number
- • the order number
Any Goods returned after 21 days as ‘unwanted’ or ‘incorrectly ordered’ may be accepted at the discretion of the Company but will be subject to a minimum restocking fee of 25% of the invoice value of the Goods or $10, whichever is the greater.
Any claim that any Goods or Services have been delivered damaged, are not of the correct quantity or do not comply with their description shall be notified within 48 hours of their delivery by the Customer using the adjacient "Information link" to notify the Company
Longitude Marine strictly follows the product warranties as required by our OEM parts suppliers. In all cases, the OEM and Longitude Marine only provide “Genuine OEM Replacement Products”. Use of Non-genuine parts and accessories can compromise you’re your system’s operation, jeopardize your safety and in most cases void all applicable warranties. Please refer the OEM product website for specific warranty information for the products in question.
Services provided by Longitude Marine are warranted for 30 days post-delivery.
9. Scope of Contract
Under no circumstances shall the Company have any liability of whatever kind for:
- • Any defects to OEM products resulting from wear and tear, accident, improper use by the Customer or use by the Customer except in accordance with the instructions or advice of the Company or the manufacturer of any Goods or Services or neglect or from any instructions or materials provided by the Customer
- • Any Goods or Services which have been adjusted, modified or repaired except by the Company
- • The suitability of any Goods or Services for any particular purpose or use under specific conditions whether or not the purpose or conditions were known or communicated to the Company
- • Any substitution by the Company of any materials or components not forming part of any specification of the Goods or services agreed in writing by the Company
- • Any descriptions, illustrations, specifications, figures as to performance, drawings and particulars of weights and dimension s submitted by the Company contained in the Company’s catalogues, price lists or elsewhere since they are merely intended to represent a general idea of the Goods or Services and not to form part of the contract or to be treated as representations
- • any technical information, recommendations, statements or advice furnished by the Company its servants or agents not given in writing in response to a specific
- • written request from the Customer before the Contract is made, or
- • Any variations in the quantities or dimension of any Goods or Services or changes of their specifications or substitution of any materials or components; if the variation or substitution does not materially affect the characteristics of the Goods or services, and the substituted materials or components are of a quality equal or superior to those originally specified.
10. Extent of Liability
The Company shall have no liability to the Customer for any loss or damage of any nature arising from any breach of any expressly defined or implied warranty or condition of the Contract or any negligence, breach of statutory or other duty on the part of the Company or in any way of or in connection with the performance of or failure to perform the Contract except for death or personal injury resulting from the Company’s negligence, and expressly stated in this document. If the Customer establishes that any Goods or Services have not been delivered, have been delivered damaged, are not of the correct quantity or do not comply with their description, the Company shall, at its option, replace with similar Goods or Services any Goods or services, which are missing, lost or damaged or do not comply with their description. If the Customer establishes that any Goods or Services are defective the Customer must return those Goods or Services using section 6 of this document for RMA Returns. If the Customer returns to the Company any Goods or Services for repair and some are found to be fault free then the Company may, at its own discretion, charge the Customer for its reasonable handling costs. The delivery of any repaired or replacement Goods or Services shall be at the Company’s premises or other de livery point specified for the original Goods or Services. Where the Company is liable in accordance with this condition in respect of only some or part of the Goods or Services the Contract shall remain in full force and effect in respect of the other or other parts of the Goods or Services and no set -off or other claim shall be made by the Customer against or in respect of such other or other parts of the Goods or Services. No claim against the Company shall be entertained for any defect arising from any design or specification provided or made by the Customer or if any adjustment’s, alterations to other work has been done to the Goods or Services by any person except the Company or the OEM of the product in question. In all circumstances where the Company is found to be liable, the maximum damages from any such event from the Company to the Customer, shall not exceed the invoice value of the Goods or Services.
11. Force Majeure
The Company shall not be liable for any act or omission arising which shall render performance of the Contract impossible or shall in any way have the effect of frustrating the common cause where such act or omission is beyond the control of either the Company or the Customer or was not reasonably foreseeable by them. Such acts or omissions shall have the effect of automatically terminating the contract.
12. Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall in all respects be construed and interpreted in accordance with the Law in the State of Michigan, County of Macomb, in the United States of America